auckland + part two


(Alexander Wang Ribs Sweater, Coalition Faux Leather Jacket, Paige Premium Denim Jeans, Jeffrey Campbell Wishlist Boots)

I’m already back in LA, although I haven’t been awake much since I arrived.  Despite the fact that the time difference is not so different in Auckland (almost a full day ahead), I couldn’t sleep much on the plane.  I never do.  Too many movies to watch that I missed in theaters!  And if I sleep for too long on airplanes I get stiff.  Like old woman stiff.  And I’ve been running so I didn’t want that stiffness from that to compound my suffering.

But in any case, the important part of this post is about Auckland and New Zealand in general.  What a gorgeous country!  I swear that despite the twisting and turning of the roads and the roundabouts driving me crazy (bad pun, I know), I was so awestruck by the visual beauty of NZ.  Such a variety of landscapes and all the colors seemed saturated, it really seemed like I was watching a film or was in some mythical land.

Fashion wise, I didn’t really get to see much of what Auckland had to offer.  I caught a cold the first day I was there and then we left the main city to go do some hiking (tramping) and white water rafting.  I saw a wonderful display of Jeffrey Campbell Litas in a store front near where we were staying that really swayed me towards taking the dive and getting a pair.  I’m so tall that I can barely pull them off in LA without looking like I came from the land of the giants.  No really, I’m 5’9″ but I am almost always the tallest girl in any setting here, if not the tallest person.  I never realized how short of a city LA was until I got here, and while I love a nice pair of heels as much as the next girl, I wear flats and boots 85% of the time.  The other 15% is a much treasured minority.

Now that I’m back I’ll be busy winding up for classes and getting my apartment cleaned up.  I’ll post on some of my favorite interior design schemes and autumn fashion faves ASAP!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: